Assisted living in private apartment homes.
Care that supports an independent lifestyle.
Assistance with daily tasks. Companionship at just the right time. Someone you can trust, who brings a smile to your face. Assisted living gives you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy each day and live as independently as possible. Awarded Best of Senior Living by A Place for Mom.
The right help makes all the difference.
When you want the best care in assisted living, count on the qualified professional help you’ll receive at South Port Square. We collaborate with you to design a plan for your specific needs — including bathing, dressing, grooming, medication management, and other activities of daily living. Because we’re a Life Plan Community, you’ll have the advantage of being able to transition seamlessly to other levels of care if needed.
The cost of assisted living is covered by a monthly fee that includes a maintenance-free residence, personalized care, dining and more. Residents have access to all community services and amenities, such as fitness classes, chef-prepared dining, and a full-service salon and barbershop.
We also offer respite care to give seniors and their caregivers a break from their usual routine. Seniors can receive the personalized care they need while they enjoy the vibrant lifestyle in our assisted living facility, allowing caregivers the time to rest or take care of other responsibilities. Reservations are required to book a short respite stay.
Assisted living services and amenities include:
- Private dining room for family gatherings
- Delicious, nutritious chef-prepared 3-meals a day / 7 days a week
- Beautifully appointed, maintenance-free residence Innovative and flexible dining program
- Customized care assessment — initial and ongoing
- Courtyard and gardens, walking paths Indoor heated pool, fitness center, arts and crafts studio, and other community amenities
- Fitness and wellness programs, including yoga
- Regularly scheduled transportation
- Personal concierge services
- Wellness center and therapy room
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
- Around-the-clock staffing
- 24-hour security and in-home emergency response
- Community garden Inviting common areas, including game room
- Banking and postal services
- Business center with computers
- Basic cable and utilities (except internet and phone)
- Wi-Fi access
Thinking about visiting? Download our Visitation Policy before your visit.
Download floor plans.
Not seeing the floor plan you’re looking for? Download our full selection of assisted living apartments.
Frequently asked questions.
What type of help is typically provided for residents in assisted living?
In an assisted living community, residents get help with some of the basic activities of daily living. These often include assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management and personal maintenance. The specific assistance provided is determined by a personal services assessment in order to understand needs. The goal of assisted living is to allow residents to enjoy their lives with just the right help while living as independently as possible. Learn more about how assisted living keeps you independent longer on our blog.
What’s the difference between assisted living and a nursing home?
Assisted living gives you the helping hand you need to keep active, stay engaged, and pursue your passions. You’ll live in a beautifully appointed apartment home and receive assistance with the basic activities of daily living, tailored to your specific needs, such as help with bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management, and personal maintenance. Nursing homes, on the other hand, are for those with chronic medical conditions or disabilities, or those in chronic pain, who require round-the-clock care and supervision by licensed skilled nursing professionals.